BSFRF is continuing its research into the growth rate of Tanner and snow crab in order to better inform the crab stock assessment models used in harvest management decisions. This project is a continuing effort, building on prior years’ sampling and growth monitoring....
BSFRF has recently completed our primary summer survey activity. The approach for this year’s field work was to maximize the time on the water to accomplish as many research objectives as possible which included collections for a number of other collaborating...
Understanding crab movement throughout different seasons is critical information in the management of Bering Sea crab fisheries. For instance, it tells us what habitats are important for crab and which habitats they use at different times of the year. For many years,...
- BSFRF Studies Crab Movement Using New Technology
- Tanner and Snow Crab Growth Study Continues
- BSFRF Summer Surveys Completed
- BSFRF Completes Summer Trawl Surveys
- BSFRF Supports Graduate Student to Build Management Strategy Evaluation for the Tanner Crab Fishery
- BSFRF Hosts Scientific Workshop on Tanner Crab Management Strategies
- Improved Snow Crab Model Depends on BSFRF Data
- BSFRF Supports Graduate Student’s Historical Logbook Research
- Crab Stock Status
- Crab Movement and Tagging Research
- Crab Models and Assessments
- Collaboration and Upcoming Events
Select from list below to download past Newsletters (PDF file):